Monday, May 21, 2012

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Same procedure as every year. It is ESC time. Always around my b-day but I got used to it. :D

And thanks to my new very cute USB-loudspeakers, I am able to watch it at home without inviting myself to somebody with a tv or working computer. (Oh how I missed listening to music or just watching a movie or tv series)

As last year I listened to all songs and well what can I say, most of them suck of course! I have the feeling the more often I watch it, the crappier the songs get but well it is entertaining after all. But there were some great surprises as well.

So here is my TOP 5 list of the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku.

5th Place: Divided between Israel and Netherlands (Seriously I can't decide!)
Israel: Izabo - Time
What a fun song! A bit weird sounding chorus but seriously I like it. Fun to listen to even though the clowns are insane.
Netherlands: Joan Franka - You and Me
When you just listen to the song, it is a really great folk song. I like songs like that a lot. But please leave away the Pocahontas costume from the live show.  It ruins the song!
6 Points!

4th Place:  Island: Gréta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget
This song is exactly what I expect from Iceland. A very good song which sounds somehow familiar. And that model like singer is of course a great bonus for us girls (Nordic guys are just the best!) ;) And the video makes me want to pack my bags and fly to Iceland right away! Well next year maybe! :) 7 Points!

3rd Place:  Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've known better
In knew I heard this song already on the radio when I listened to all ESC 2012 songs last Thursday. Really great song, weird costume the girl had in the live show but who cares if the song is nice. 8 Points!

2nd Place:  Finland: Pernilla Karlsson -Jag är blunda
Of course I always support Finland in the ESC but this year, as last year (Heja Oskar!), I am very surprised about the song and like it a lot. It is in Swedish, which hasn’t happened in a while (since 1990 precisely) and it is a very nice song. It really was my favorite until last Thursday, now it's my No. 2 and running on my mp3 player very often since I heard it for the first time. :) Kymmenen pistettä Suomeen! 10 Points to Finland! (or 11 if I could choose!)

1st Place Estonia Ott Lepland - Kuula
My undefeated Number 1 this year! The more often I listen to this song, the more I love it. Seriously can’t believe that until last Thursday I haven’t heard about it! What a great and powerful ballad. 12 Points or much much more!!!

Also nice songs this year come from Switzerland (The singer just should learn English pronunciation), Hungary (good song, could run on the radio all day long) and surprisingly Germany (But you can't go wrong with a song written by Jamie Cullum).

So and the worst songs this year, well there are so many but I am seriously disappointed by Norway (You don't have to send an Erik Saade copy since he sucked already last year and his Doppelgänger sucks even more), Sweden (I really don’t get why everybody thinks this song will win), Russia (send this Babushki back to their old people’s home!), Turkey (usually one of my favorite ESC contestants :( ) and well Austria (I can’t even put in words what I think about this song). I won't post any of the links here. I don't want to encourage bad taste ;) but you can find all the videos on youtube.

Last but not least, a bit out of the ranking for me is Slovakia. They only real rock song. Pretty OK song but what I will most remember is the gorgeous singer. Are men allowed to be that beautiful? Wow! Usually I wouldn’t say something like that, or at least not in public ;) but he is definitely a keeper. And that hair!!! I am so jealous! Definitely my highlight of this years Eurovision when it comes to looks.


And since my favorite Swedish Eurovision show did it this year es well, some highlights from the past that I like:

Brainstorm - My Star (ESC 2000- Latvia, and no i don't think the singer was on drugs ;)) 
Roger Pontare - When Spirits Are Calling My Name (ESC 2000 Sweden) 
 August & Telma - Tell Me! (ESC 2000 Iceland)
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah (ESC 2006 - Finland \,,/) 
Marija Šerifović - Molitva (ESC 2007 - Serbia 
Bonaparti.lv - Questa notte (ESC  2007 - Latvia) 
Eirikur Hauksson - Valentine Lost (ESC 2007 - Iceland)
The Ark - The Worrying Kind - (ESC 2007 - Sweden) 
Boaz Mauda - The Fire In Your Eyes (ESC 2008 - Israel, my favorite ESC song ever! Knew it by heart 1 day after hearing it for the first time) 
Anonymous - Salvem el món (ESC 2007 - Andorra)
Yohanna - Is it true (ESC 2009 - Iceland) 
Urban Symphony - Rändajad (ESC 2009 - Estonia)
Tom Dice - Me and my Guitar (ESC 2010 - Belgium) 
Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders - Life Looks Better In Spring (ESC 2010 - Cyprus) 
Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life (ESC 2010 - Sweden) 
Didrik Solli-Tangen - My Heart Is Yours (ESC 2010 - Norway)

And something really old (well one year older than me so super old :P), until last year I didn’t know that it exist but I had the chance to meet the younger brother in this group so I had to check it out. Herreys with Diggi-loo Diggi-ley. Oh and I was able to touch the golden boots! Haha funny moment indeed!

So enough for this year! now it is time to watch the shows!

Enjoy the ESC 2012 and Light your fire!

 

1 comment:

  1. "Are men allowed to be that beautiful?"

    With enough makeup... yes :P

    ReplyDelete