Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Greetings from Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Monday 23rd August around 5pm

Today I was getting up very early (again) to finish packing and getting the last things done. I didn’t even have time to think that I’m leaving Germany for a while longer than just 2 weeks. My suitcase was, of course, way to heavy again and I had to leave some important stuff behind which I will receive in a package in about 2 weeks, so I have to survive now which just the basics. Well and it is for sure a good excuse to go shopping as soon as I have the scholarship money.

We (my parents drove me) arrived 4 hours to early in Berlin and so we had enough time to eat one last highlight of Germany cuisine: Currywurst. The one in Berlin is the best and I was grateful that my parents didn’t dragged me into McD as they did so many times before when I preferred real food.
Even though I had 22,8 and not the official maximum of 20kg I didn’t have to pay an extra fee for my luggage. As always! The flight to Copenhagen was well interesting. A very small plane with just 4 seats in a row and my hand luggage just made it with a little squeezing into the overhead compartment. But Danish is such a funny language. I understood most of it which surprised me but it really sounds like a mixture of Swedish and Dutch. But I still prefer Norwegian :D

The whole trip is very multicultural, I flew from Germany with a Scandinavian airline, read a Swedish newspaper on the plane, sitting now in Denmark, eating Danish chocolate and reading a Norwegian newspaper. Could have bought the Finnish chocolate as well but I’m not so keen on spending 50% more money for something I can buy from tomorrow onwards in every supermarket. I also skipped the Anton Berg chocolate although I wanted to try that for years now. But 4,20e for a chocolate bar even if it was 150g is definitely not in my budget. So now I wait in Copenhagen for all in all 4hours to contine my flight to Turku. I just hope the weather is better there. In Berlin heaven was heavily crying because I left and Copenhagen is crying too because I stay for just a few hours. Let’s hope Turku is not crying because I’m coming back ;) Although it would be tears of joy I’m sure.

Just got a message from my best Finnish friend who is coming back to Finland in September from her internship in Spain. So really good news because finally we are not living 2000km away from each other anymore. Woohoo! And maybe she can take this weird feeling away that I’m doing a very big mistake again which I had the last 2 days.. Although at the moment I just feel confused neither happy nor sad just confused. Hopefully this feeling will become a positive one as soon as I hear some Finnish people talking around me. :) At least the Iittala shop here at the airport made me smile already.

Oh and I started a new tradition. Since I got a new small suitcase I decided to collect stickers on it from places I’ve been too . I always wanted to do that and now I have the perfect suitcase for it. :) Berlin was the first I put on it but stupid Copenhagen airport doesn’t seams to have any stickers of Denmark nor Copenhagen just 'Danish' wooden shoes ;) and Danish castle guards. The souvenir shop looks like a mixture of London and Amsterdam :D Just in white and red. So no sticker from here, have to return next year and get it in the city center. :)

1 comment:

  1. Give me your new adress and i'll send you a sticker from Magdeburg or Nürnberg ;-)

    ReplyDelete