Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kotona Turussa - Hemma i Åbo - Home in Turku

So I'm back. For real!
Just 5 month after my last visit I'm back in my favorite Turku.
And it wasn't raining but the full moon was shining over the airport and as soon as I read Lentoasema Turku/ Åbo I had a smile on my face. No weird feelings anymore just joy. :)
The Finnish bus driver ignored my English, of course, but luckily I have no problem with kaksi ja puoli euroa :D At the market place I was again confused. They changed bus stops during the past years a lot (but at least the construction work is done now) and I didn't remembered all the buses that drive through Hämeenkatu which was where I had to go. So I asked a busdriver. Looks like most of the busdrivers are foreigners now which made it a lot easier. So I got a busnumber from him which I could take and had a nice little chat, too. I just don't get why everybody thinks I have a Finnish boyfriend. As if it was that easy? Anyway I arrived with my tons of luggage at my friend Steffi's place where I will sleep the first 3 nights. It's so good to see a familiar face.

We are planing to go to an international food party tonight from Steffi's exchange program. Let's see what we German girls will make. ;)
Tomorrow Orientation week starts. I'm not as scared as 5 years ago but still I'm not so keen of introducing myself to 130 people in a huge lecture room. I hate speaking in front of people about anything including myself. But I'm curious about my tutor.

So that's it for now.
*puss och kram* ;)

5 comments:

  1. Haha that sounds really great, and so familiar. When I came to France first, everybody was sure I had a boyfriend, and that's for what I'm there. Damn isn't there anybody who belives in young independent women anymore ;-p
    Great to know, that you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you' re cool.
    Anyway...waiting for the next report :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cynthia: hmm yeah new report. Could write everyday actually but don't want to bore everybody. But it seams like I'm living at bit the ERASMUS party life i didn't do last time because tonight there are 2 parties and I already went out yesterday and had the food party on Tuesday. Gosh I don't know how to survive the weekend. I thing I'm just going to sleep.

    @Steffi: Well I wish I had a boyfriend here but it is really not that easy. Somebody also said yesterday i should get a Finnish husband. well yes please but how to find a descend guy that likes me a little bit. Anyway I don't think the world is ready for independent women who don't dress like prostitutes, have a mind of there own and don't like to be only the housewife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steffi, you don't bore us...We are keen on your news :)

    ReplyDelete