Friday, September 17, 2010

rain, icehockey, travel plans

so it's weekend time after my lecture at 8.30am this morning to which i went after just one hour of sleep (I'm very keen on not missing any class even though my physical condition is very very bad). But since I just have courses on Wednesday and Friday my weekends are kind of ... long. :) Which doesn't make it easier to get some work done, it just makes me lazy. :(
I would love to go out more, ride my bike to Naantali or just around the Turku area but since almost a week we just had rainy days and it is not so much fun to be wet and sick all the time. So usually i have to problems with rain but since this weather will stay like that for another 5 days I'm wondering why Finns get depressed in Winter when you have the beautiful snow everywhere and very often blue sky and actually sun here in the south. One should get depressed in fall when it is gray and wet all the time.



Anyway, winter is coming in big steps. And the most important thing for me this week was that the ice hockey season started yesterday. The winner of the last season of the so called SM-Liiga is TPS, so the team from Turku. They played last night against Hämeenlinna and it was a hard match. One could see that TPS was putting themselves under pressure. As the reigning champion they had to win, which they did in the end but just through penalty shot out. So it was not a very good game but the season is long and I probably have many opportunities so see a few better matches. :D

At the moment everybody is making travel plans and the sign-ups for all the ERASMUS (ESN) trips happened during the past 10 days. Certainly nothing is in my budget or at a time where I'm not able to travel anywhere. So i have to arrange something else for me. I'd love to do a few trips as well but since I've seen almost every part of Finland it is not my Nr 1 priority. Of course Stockholm is on the list, as always, together with saying hello to the Joulupukki (Santa Clause) in Rovaniemi again. i haven't been to Porvoo and Tallin by now, so these cities are a must and well for the rest I have to see, visiting friends in Hki, Tre and Niinikoski is very important as well.
In 2 weeks I'm going to Lahti to see the Finnish summer championships of the skijumpers and nordic combined. That will be the first time that i see Lahti without snow. Will be interesting! Hopefully the competition will be also nice and the results according to my preferences. ;)

So much for now. Have a lunch date and need to discuss the last party night with a few people. But I noticed again that parties are more fun if you are not drunk but almost everybody else is. :) But the problem then is that you worry too much about everybody else. My advice of the evening was 'Stay away from the river!' Since at least 2 people drowned there already this year.

So have a nice weekend or as we say it in Turku: Hauskaa viikonloppua! :)

9 comments:

  1. Hej,
    Ich kommentiere ma auf deutsch ;)
    Aber du hast schon recht, ich versteh es auch nicht. Im Winter scheint die Sonne, der Schnee reflektiert den ganzen Spaß. Im Herbst ist es bääh. Da werde ich depri von, wenn das Wetter so mistig is.
    Lahti ist auch sehr schön ohne Schnee. Ich will auch dahin!!! Wünsche dir abba viel Spaß dort und mach viele Fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also der Regen ist dann mittlerweile hier angekommen... doofes Wetter :(
    Ich hoffe das bessere Wetter findet später auch den Weg ;)

    Grüße Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wir haben Sonnenschein, zumindest für die nächste Woche. Den würd ich aber gerne noch behalten, bis dann der erste Schnee Mitte/Ende Oktober kommt, wenn das Ok ist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy said...

    Hmm Okay, die Sonne bleibt dann übern Winter hier, wir passen schön drauf auf und im nächsten Frühjahr kriegste se mal wieder zum Schnee antauen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ist ja immer noch kein neuer Beitrag ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. :P Es gibt auch Leute die mal was fuer die Uni tun muessen ... sollten ... so tun als ob. ^^
    Kommt diese Woche aber noch das update. Muss aber erst die Fairytale-Party heute abwarten. ;) Vielleicht passiert ja mal was spannendes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaja^^ ;)... na dann viel Spaß bei der Party^^, aber die Uni nicht vergessen:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a read confirmation. :)

    ReplyDelete